Buccal face massages relax and provide body rejuvenation. Let’s admit it! Nothing relaxes our muscles and nerves like a soothing massage. Until now, we only knew about facials that include massage as part of the treatment. A facial massage is pretty simple, and you can easily do it yourself—gently massage your forehead, eye area, cheeks, and around the mouth, chin, and neck. There is no pulling or rubbing of the skin involved. It instantly helps relieve stress, lifts your mood, and is a rejuvenating process.
Today, let us know more about this beautiful and relaxing massage and discover if this body-rejuvenating treatment could also be for you.
What is Buccal Massage?
A Buccal face massage is not your regular facial massage. It may be a little weird, but in the process, a masseuse puts her hand inside your mouth and massages your face from the inside out. This technique can help you achieve dreamy skin. Buccal face massages not only work in improving your skin texture but also help sculpt your face. A perfectly sculpted or contoured face can instantly make your face look more structured without makeup.
This process includes massaging your cheeks from the inside, giving access to your muscles inside and outside. This technique removes tension and blockages from your muscles, giving you an envious facelift and making your skin firmer and tighter.
Benefits of Buccal Face Massage
It strengthens facial muscles.
Buccal face massage works on a few select muscles, strengthening and relaxing them. Whether you have premature signs of aging or puffiness, you’ll be happy to know that a buccal massage can help de-puff and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It helps sculpt your face.
Who wouldn’t want a naturally sculpted face? The good news is that a buccal massage gives you a facelift and perfectly sculpts your face. By massaging your muscles, you’re giving them a workout. When the muscles work out regularly, the skin regenerates and heals itself.
It relaxes your face and jaw.
Who doesn’t enjoy a facial massage? You can indulge in the Buccal face massage in standard facials for hardly five to seven minutes. But, when you get a buccal massage, the focus is on massaging to relieve muscle tension. When your face and jaw muscles have zero blockages, it automatically looks more relaxed and lifted.
Other Benefits of a Buccal Face Massage
A Buccal face massage can help:
- Improves the blood circulation to the face for a healthy glow
- Improves the jawline
- Improves the skin complexion
- Reduces headaches and migraines from clenching
- Reduces puffiness of the cheeks and lower face
- Reduce TMJ or temporomandibular joint pain
- Rejuvenates the lower face
- Relaxes tight jaw muscles
- Softens lines on the lower face
- Softens lip lines
- Stimulates healthy lymph drainage of the face
- Supports healthy detox of the facial area
- Tones and sculpts the lower face
How Does a Buccal Face Massage Work?
Buccal face massage works simultaneously on the inside of the face, through the oral cavity, and on the outside of the face. It allows deeper muscle, tissue, and ligament layers to be reached and treated. Specific movements of the Buccal face massage help stimulate and retrain the muscles, promoting more lifting effects on the face and improving muscle elasticity. In addition, it helps relax tension both in the deep and surface muscle areas, which encourages a more natural facial posture.
1. During a Buccal face massage, clients will lie comfortably. Expert masseuses start with facial cleansing to remove sunscreen, makeup, or other products.
2. Then, they will begin the Buccal face massage treatment with the facial and intra-oral massage, working first on the lower areas of the face and the jaw. Intra-oral portions of this treatment are performed with gloves. We will stimulate different facial acupuncture points with pressure, further supporting the treatment.
3. When there’s a lot of jaw tension, you may experience discomfort during your Buccal face massage. Expert masseuses will always check and see if pressure is applied okay and will adjust accordingly.
4. After your Buccal face massage is done, they will apply Hydrojelly masks on your face. These masks will be customized to the client’s specific needs to achieve the proper support and nourishment to the facial area and skin. While the mask is set, acupoint massages are also done on the head and neck areas. Jade rollers are used over the mask once
wholly set on the patient’s face.
5. After removing the mask, organic facial products are applied to complete the treatment session.
What to Do After
Feeling deeply relaxed after a session is typical, but your facial muscles might feel weary. Based on your preferred tension level going into your Buccal face massage, your face or jaw may slightly feel achy, sore, or tender. If this incident happens, apply a warm compress to soothe the muscles.
It is essential to stay well hydrated after a treatment to help flush any toxins released during the session. It is excellent to carry on with your normal daily activities after a session, but we recommend you take it easy for the rest of the day. You may also experience a little fatigue after the treatment, which you can expect. In sporadic cases, a client may experience cold-like symptoms such as headaches or slight body aches for a few hours after the treatment, which can signify your body’s natural healing and detoxification process as things are flushed out of the system.
FAQs about Buccal Face Massage
“How many more sessions will I need?”
Typically, a recommended series includes 6-8 weekly treatments, followed by maintenance treatments at least once a month. Results from your Buccal face massage can be seen after the first visit, but the difference is more noticeable after the third or fourth treatment as the effects are cumulative.
“When will I start seeing results myself?”
Your Buccal face massage results can already be seen after the first visit. However, there’s a difference. There will be more noticeable after the third or fourth treatment since the effects are cumulative.
“Are the Treatments Painful”?
The treatment is usually very comfortable. However, if you have a lot of jaw tension, you may experience discomfort during the massage. Usually, it’s a good, therapeutic discomfort, but we will check to see if the pressure is okay and adjust accordingly.
Experience Buccal face massage and enjoy the perks and benefits one should get in an effective massage.